To register to vote, or change your registration - By mail or fax: Print the Voter Registration Application, complete all information, sign and send it to the Election Office. Registration Applications may be mailed to 2101 E. Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS 66061; Faxed to 913-791-8934 or 913-791-8935 or scanned and e-mailed to [email protected]. A photo of the document may be texted to (913) 953-9539.
- To register, you must be a United States citizen, a resident of the State of Kansas, and have reached the age of 18 years before the next election
- State law requires that all voters show photo identification. Got photo id?
- You may register to vote at any time. However, voter registration always closes 21 days prior to an Election Day. Applications must be postmarked no later than the 21st day prior to any election to be eligible to vote.
- If you change your name or address, or wish to change your party affiliation, update your voter registration by completing a new voter registration application.
- You may register in person at any city hall or the Election Office. Check here for a registration site near you.
- You may also register to vote or change your registration information online with a valid Kansas driver's license or a nondriver's identification card. Online Voter Registration is provided through the Statewide voter registration system: (Requires a valid KS ID)
Am I Registered to Vote?
You may use Voter Lookup to see if you are registered.
Party Affiliation Changes
By law (K.S.A 25-3304), from noon on June 1 through August 31, anyone affiliated with the Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian party may not switch to another party or elect to become unaffiliated.
If you still wish to change your party affiliation after the August Primary Election, you will need to resubmit another voter registration application on or after September 1.