How to Vote on Touch Screen Voting Equipment
When you arrive at your polling place or advance voting location, check
in at the registration table and give your name and address to the Election Official.
You will receive a 2-part Voter Receipt indicating your precinct number. Take this receipt to the Voter Card table.
You will then be escorted to a voting machine by a machine judge.
The machine judge will confirm your precinct number on your Voter Receipt with the precinct number that appears on the first screen of the voting computer.
The machine judge will deposit your Voter Receipt into an envelope which is attached to the booth.
Read the "Instructions to Voters" on the first screen.
Touch "Start" when ready to begin voting:
- To vote, touch the screen on a candidate or issue.
- To change your vote, touch the candidate again to undo your mark.
- Touch "Next" to advance to the next page.
- Touch "Previous" to go back.
- At the end of any contest where write-ins are allowed, there will be empty boxes equal to the number of candidates to be elected.
- Touch an empty box to activate the write-in screen. A keyboard will appear on the screen.
- Touch the letters to spell your write-in candidate's name. Touch the "back" key to correct any errors.
- Touch "Record Write-in" to finish your selection. Touch "Cancel" to cancel your selection.
- Your write-in selection will appear on the ballot screen. If you need to make a correction, touch the selection to clear the write-in box.
- Red highlighted races indicate that you did not vote for a candidate or issue.
- To go back, touch a race or touch "Review Ballot"
- When your vote has been recorded and your voter card has been ejected, remove the card.
- Return the card to the Election Worker and receive your "I Voted" sticker.
Last Updated: June 25, 2010 10:30 AM