Unofficial Election Results
The timeliness of reporting election results in Johnson County is dependent on 3 main factors:
- Number of voters in line when the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
- Number of voting machines reporting results
- Number of candidates and contests on the ballot.
The first unofficial partial result summary is usually posted to the web by 7:30 p.m. This summary will include all advance votes. This information will be updated periodically throughout the evening until all voting machines have reported results into the central election computer. Official final election results will be available following certification by the Board of Canvassers.
Candidates have several options for receiving unofficial election results:
- View the results on the Election Office website
- Like the Johnson County Election Office on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@jocoelection)
- Receive the results in person at the Election Office
Unofficial Election Results for Precinct Committees
Due to the large number of precinct committee candidates and contests during the August primary election, only the first and last election night reports will contain results for precinct committee persons.
Official Final Election Results
The Board of Canvassers canvass the votes on the Monday following the election at 9:00 a.m. at the Election Office, 2101 E. Kansas City Road. The Board of Canvassers determine the validity of any provisional or challenged ballots. Following the processing of the valid ballots, the official vote summary is certified by the Board of Canvassers as the official final election results.