How to Vote a Touch Screen Ballot
- When you arrive at your polling place or advance voting location, check in at the registration table and give your name and address to the Election Official.
- You will receive a 2-part Voter Receipt indicating your precinct number. Take this receipt to the Voter Card table.
- You will then be escorted to a voting machine by a machine judge.
- The machine judge will confirm your precinct number on your Voter Receipt with the precinct number that appears on the first screen of the voting computer.
- The machine judge will deposit your Voter Receipt into an envelope which is attached to the booth.
- Read the "Instructions to Voters" on the first screen.
- Touch "Start" when ready to begin voting:
- To vote, touch the screen on a candidate or issue.
- To change your vote, touch the candidate again to undo your mark.
- Touch "Next" to advance to the next page.
- Touch "Previous" to go back.
- At the end of any contest where write-ins are allowed, there will be empty boxes equal to the number of candidates to be elected.
- Touch an empty box to activate the write-in screen. A keyboard will appear on the screen.
- Touch the letters to spell your write-in candidate's name. Touch the "back" key to correct any errors.
- Touch "Record Write-in" to finish your selection. Touch "Cancel" to cancel your selection.
- Your write-in selection will appear on the ballot screen. If you need to make a correction, touch the selection to clear the write-in box.
At the Summary Screen, review your choices prior to pushing the "Cast Ballot" button:
- Red highlighted races indicate that you did not vote for a candidate or issue.
- To go back, touch a race or touch "Review Ballot"
Touch "Cast Ballot" when you are ready to record your vote:
- When your vote has been recorded and your voter card has been ejected, remove the card.
- Return the card to the Election Worker and receive your "I Voted" sticker.